Pregnancy is an experience which every woman cherishes but there are situation when the women would not like to be pregnant and the reasons could be medical, economical or social. There are various birth control measures which can be used to avoid pregnancy but the most popular one is the condom. Condoms are of two types-male condoms and female condoms. Condoms are not only the best way for birth control but it helps in the prevention of the sexually transmitted diseases. There are different types of condoms depending on the material, size, flavor etc. Because of the least price and easy accessibility, the male condoms are used by many as birth control device. Here you will get to know how to use a condom.
- Open the condom packet at a corner. Never tear the condom with teeth or fingernail.
- One should roll the condom over the tip of the erected penis but there should be half inch space left so that semen can be collected there.
- Roll down the condom to the base of the penis so that there is no air bubbles inside.
Male condoms are almost 85% effective in birth control. There are different types of condoms:-
- Condoms can have different shapes. Some have a reservoir tip while other have plain tip.
- Condoms could have straight sides or may be flared.
- There are some condoms which are ribbed and they are ideal for increasing the sensation for both the partners.
- Some condoms are colored and have different flavors which are normally used for oral sex.
The female condom is made of polyurethane tube which has a flexible ring at each end and one end of the tube is closed. The female condom has to inserted in to the vagina before the intercourse and it should be inserted in such manner that the cervix is covered by the closed end of the tube and sperms cannot enter there. Female condoms are not yet very popular and are 75% effective in birth control. After using once both male and female condoms have to be discarded.
Also get more information about condoms visit Onlymyhealth.